Tuesday, February 3, 2009

3rd February

The road ahead bends once, bends twice,
Where only fools rush in, say the wise,
I’m a trained jester, with a pair of lonesome eyes,
Caught in the wrong place, where only my mind applies
The verdict of this tainted life-elect,
Is measured by the minutes spent in retrospect,
In the hour of darkness, hour of strife,
You make all the difference in my life
But I just can’t stop hoping in vain,
To be that little boy once again.


When I couldn’t count two and two,
When I didn’t know who’s who
When I couldn’t use a knife or a spoon,
When I didn’t know how to blow a balloon,
A surreal calm had protected my world,
My vision was never quite so blurred,
In my bland existence, a butterless toast,
You’re the ones I miss the most,
But I just can’t stop hoping in vain,
To be that little boy once again.


Blessed am I who had you around
Who kept my feet firmly to the ground
Who taught me the simple things in life,
Things I’d never learn from my wife,
Thank you for that extra sweat,
That you rolled out for me without regret
And now that my words are nearly through,
I want to wish Happy Anniversary to my dearest two,
You’re the reason I am,
For me God and you are one and the same,
And I just can’t stop hoping in vain,
To be that little boy once again.

No comments: